About Me

My Photo

Primary school teacher, making the most of the weekends. Blogging about the best of Birmingham, food, cocktails and dresses!

Saturday, 15 March 2014

A flattering dress for a mellow day

Today's song: Elbow- My Sad Captains

Dress: Oasis, Tights: M+S, Shoes:M+S

I am feeling very happy to be wearing this dress today! I bought it in the Christmas sale without trying it on and was disappointed to find it didn't quite fit. Too much indulgence over Christmas!

I've been a bit too scared to try it on since then. However, after exercising most days since then and the scales telling me I've lost some weight, today seemed like a good day. And it fits! Hurrah! Still a tad tight around the upper body but nothing terrible. At least it zips up, sob.

I have been trying to be more healthy this year. Exercise and eating properly went out the window when I was doing my PGCE so there is no wonder I put weight on. Plus too much cake in the staff room and an inability to refuse chocolate. I've been much better since January and am enjoying exercising when I get in in the evening. I don't think my diet is too unhealthy. I do enjoy a treat on the weekend- crisps are my weakness but I have given them up for lent as I do every year. So I am feeling pretty vibrant, strong and healthy at the moment! Important when you have long days.

I originally bought this dress for school but it is rather too low! It looks okay in these photos but it wouldn't pass the leaning across a table test.


11 comments:

daisychain said...

I have a lot of love for that dress! xo

The Brunette said...

omg I want that dress x

Kezzie said...

It's lovely on you! I have their top in the same pattern, recently purchased for £7!!!!
You could wear it with a vest top underneath to make it a bit more school appropriate??! X

Kezzie said...

Ok, buy a crop top alternative for bra that has higher pretty panel - that's what I did with a too low dress!!!x

Hannah said...

That dress looks great on you! I've not given up anything for Lent this year, I really should because I normally do, but I'm so stressed with uni that I don't want to make myself even more miserable ahah! xxx

http://blog.doodleheart.co.uk

sandra juan said...

I really love your blog and the form is very suitable!
I have just discovered your blog and I love it so I am your new follower
xoxo
Thiscanbeperfect.blogspot.com

jennie said...

Such a beautiful dress, you look lovely! <3

Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

Halima - Fashionicide said...

You look lovely in the dress! You look so happy! :) I need to get back in shape!

Halima
Fashionicide // Fashion, with a difference
xo

Shes Dressing Up said...

This is such a lovely dress!

Maria Fallon said...

Such a gorgeous dress, you look lovely!

Maria xxx

Lia said...

All these pretty pictures! You are so pretty! Lets follow each other! Follow me on GFC and I will follow back!
xoxo
http://szepsegpotty.blogspot.sk/
https://www.facebook.com/szepsegpotty
http://instagram.com/livi20