About Me

My Photo
You can email me at indiequeen87@googlemail.com

Saturday, 27 July 2013

Brindley Place Local Produce Market

Today's song: Blur- Country House (I've been reading a book about Britpop)

Yesterday, Edd and I decided to get our lunch at a food market that was happening at Brindley Place.

The Local Produce Market is a venture between Sketts Markets and Brindley Place in Birmingham and it takes place on the last Friday of every month. I couldn't go last month as I was working, but it's now the summer holidays- hurrah!





 photo 20130726-JulyRandoms-038_zps6f0e8286.jpg


 photo 20130726-JulyRandoms-039_zps7a79beb2.jpg

It is held between 11am and 3pm and Edd and I turned up around 1.30. This was a little late, as the most popular items had sold out! Edd fancied a pulled pork roll and I had my eyes on some paella- both of which were gone. So we had hog roast rolls instead, with lots of apple sauce and crackling- yum!


 photo 20130726-JulyRandoms-032_zpsa27bdd02.jpg



 photo 20130726-JulyRandoms-033_zps60c537f7.jpg

I must have mentioned before that I love Brindley Place- it's such a well designed, pleasant environment and they put on lots of activities and events such as this one. I love food markets and a local produce one is even better. While we were there, we picked up some apricot and ginger sausages which we had for breakfast this morning. They were packed full of big, juicy pieces of fruit- delicious! And made from local Tamworth pork I believe!



 photo 20130726-JulyRandoms-042_zps15dac1c0.jpg
Dress: ASOS, Necklace: Topshop, Pumps: Marks and Spencer, Pale Legs: Months of tights

I also picked up some Lemon Verbena from the 'Urban Herbs' stall. They had loads of different herbs for cooking and cocktails and I wanted to buy them all!



 photo 20130726-JulyRandoms-044_zpscb67612e.jpg
P.S. You can tell I need a hair cut- my fringe looks terrible!
P.P.S. The comments on the Country House video are depressing. You can see why Graham Coxon disliked it.

Photos by Edd!

4 comments:

Marzipan said...

great pics!

Carly said...

I love shopping at little markets like this! xxx

Kezzie said...

I love lemon verbena!!! It makes gorgeous tea!x

Purple Ivy said...

I love going to markets. Your dress is really pretty.

xoxo
Ivy
http://www.purrpleivy.com/