About Me

My Photo
You can email me at indiequeen87@googlemail.com

Sunday, 15 January 2012

Blogger Christmas Gifts

I took part in two secret santas/gift swaps and I also had a super surprise gift- lucky me!

Secret Santa Part One

I took part in the Faith Hope and Charity Shopping swap organised by the brilliant Lakota . I was partnered with lovely Sophie of The Story of a Girl Who Lives Above Her Means. It was nice to buy for someone whose blog I already read! For this swap there were specific rules: Minimum of 3 items and maximum of 5, minimum spent of £12, one handmade item, one charity shop item and one Christmas decoration. You can see what I got for Sophie here.

Photobucket


Lovely smellies


Photobucket


A gorgeous necklace



Photobucket
Handmade decorations
Photobucket
Cupcake cases.

Photobucket
She put me to shame- what a fab gift!

Secret Santa Part Two

This was organised by Rani of Cupcake Couture and truly was a SECRET santa. We knew who we were buying for but not who was buying for us. I bought for Sophie from Cider with Sophie- what a fab blog name! You can see what I got her here.
I received a gift from Tasha of Dibs! . It came wrapped in cute little striped paper bags and here they are:

Pretty rose necklace
Photobucket
Yummy lip balm
Photobucket
Nail varnish
Photobucket
Face masks
Photobucket
She also threw in some chocolate coins but I'm afraid I've scoffed all those!

Surprise from Sophie

Another Sophie! Parents in the 80's and early 90's obviously loved this name-like Laura, Sarah and Rachel!
Sweet Sophie from Country Girl Does Norfolk sent me a totally unexpected gift which I thought was so kind of her. She is one of my pen pals which is how she has my address! If anyone else is looking for a pen pal, email me, tweet me (@SpentMyWages) or something!
Here's what she got me:

A cosy scarf
Photobucket
Lipbalm (yay)
Shiny nail varnish

Photobucket

18 comments:

Sophie said...

Glad you liked everything :) I wouldn't mind being penpals beens we have each others addresses!
Sophie
x

Bonnie said...

That red scarf is really lovely. I just love wearing red scarves at this time of year. I don't know why -- maybe because it feels festive? I just like red.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Elizabeth said...

What a good month for you to open your mailbox! How fun are those swaps. I would love to get in on a swap sometime soon!

daisychain said...

Aw yay, what lovely presents x

Simple Country Girl said...

You got some lovely things! I really like the idea of the first Secret Santa you did, it's a bit different! Sounds like it was fun! x

Sophie - Country girl said...

you did really well! I'm looking out for more blogswaps this year, such fun.

trishie said...

Oh what wonderful things! i love this blogger secret santa idea.

Fabrizia said...

Such a great post, I like it!!! The gifts are simply fab!

Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

Megan said...

I use to participate in heaps of swaps but dont so much anymore :-( I love those muffin cases and the cute bird ornament.

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

I love swaps they are so much fun, you did well everything is gorgeous I especially like the scarf.

Daria said...

loving those necklaces, so cute!

xxx
Daria

She's Dressing Up said...

Cute gifts! I didn't even know Creme Brulee vaseline existed; neeeed this!!

Viviana said...

Nice gift Congrats! Nice blog too

Follow u now dear
You can follow me on wendett.blogspot.com

The Brunette said...

Love both those necklaces xx

Miss Pepper Vintage♥ said...

Ohh my, your necklace is amazing!!
If you have a minute, follow my blog too if you like what u see..
best wishes
milla

head over heels said...

you had some fab things! wish i'd got involved in a secret santa now :( x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Oh I'd missed this post - sounds like you did really well on the pressies front, all gorgeous things. So glad you enjoyed the swap.
x

Sabina said...

Those rose necklaces are so pretty! Especially the blue.